"He has made us, and we are His - His people and the sheep of His pasture."

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Everything

Last night I experienced a strange realization.

It happened when I said to God, "I want to give you my life."  He stopped me, and showed me the picture I had unknowingly painted for him: me, standing alone, reaching out to give Him something -- to give Him my "life".  My time, my resources, my money, my actions...these were all things I was attempting to lift up to Him.  But something wasn't right.  

I stood there trying to give him those things, thinking, "Now, You'll have everything."

No!  

Because afterwards, I was still standing there.  

It took me a moment to realize that He wanted me
He didn't want me to stand from a distance and hand Him things, He wanted me to step forward and say, "Here am I!"


                                           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1d7jUSqwQ

No comments:

Post a Comment