"He has made us, and we are His - His people and the sheep of His pasture."

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Living Word

I didn't sleep much last night.  A spiritual attack kept me awake until the early hours of the morning - the same lies, a different form.  Fear of being in the wrong place, questioning my purpose, and feeling lost.  God "comforted me on every side" and I was finally able to sleep, but when I awoke, the world around me seemed dreary and dark.  I didn't want to get out of bed.
    When I started my car, I listened to the radio for a while, and then pushed the "CD" button, not remembering what I had left in my CD player.  The song that came on was an arrangement of "Jesus, Name Above All Names" that I had listened to as a child. 

Jesus, name above all names
Beautiful Savior, Glorious Lord
Emmanuel, God is with us
Blessed Redeemer, Living Word

Nothing about my life or my purpose.  Nothing about my doubts or concerns.  Simply praising our Maker, our loving God - saying His Names over and over in a beautiful chorus.
   The mist on the road cleared ever so slightly, and I was able to see the trees enveloped in silvery fog.  Glorious Lord!  I realized that the God of the whole universe was with me in my car - with me everywhere regardless of my knowing it or not.  Beautiful Savior.  He had this day planned out, just like every other.  God is with us became all that really mattered as I got out of my car and peered through the mist, seeing miniscule water droplets dancing in the air.  After taking care of my horses, I walked with my Savior through part of the pasture.  It was that feeling you get when your mind is so tired from thinking, that you're ready to just fall over and give up - then Someone catches you...that kind of "rest for your souls" that I haven't experienced in a while.  Strange as it seemed, I began to be thankful for my exhausted state, and benefitting from leaning on God for my every breath and thought.  My mind became aware of the simple, important things of the moment, like how pretty the wet grass looked and how amazing it was that my horse turned and made eye contact with me when I said his name.
  I'm not sure how much I'll get accomplished today, but I'm happy that I've learned again these truths.  That nothing can separate us and all the while, I'm still walking by the still waters.


                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o62NruWQyBk
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtxcqO_xSc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment