"He has made us, and we are His - His people and the sheep of His pasture."

Friday, March 11, 2011

Always Asking

Here is an excerpt from a daily devotional by Sarah Young called Jesus Calling:

"If you live your life too safely, you will never know the thrill of seeing Me work through you.  When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural abillity and strength.  That's why it is so wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you.  The issue is not your strength but Mine, which is limitless."

I feel this is exactly the concept God presented me with last night.  He helped me to realize that I was thinking so much about myself - my attitude, my accomplishments, my words and actions, that I was forgetting His strength and His grace.  I felt overwhelmed when I tried to compare myself to His standard.  I wasn't measuring up one bit.  He said, "I'm not asking you to muster up strength, I'm asking you to fall into My strong arms.  I'm not asking that you measure up, I'm asking that you accept My forgiveness.  I'm asking that you love Me, that you bask in My presence.  I'm asking that you come to Me and fall at My feet."
     When He said that His burden was light, that was what He really meant.

                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5bGOnx-YCs&feature=fvst

No comments:

Post a Comment